Houston Republicans cheer President Trump, while immigrant rights activists voice criticism
In Houston, the reaction to President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address Tuesday night definitely was in the eye of the beholder.
Tuesday night's nationally televised speech drew overwhelmingly rave reviews from those attending a Republican headquarters watch party in The Heights, while just seven miles away immigrant rights activists gave it a thumbs down.
"I am not excited with the President's speech because every time we have seen him speak, there hasn't been good news for us," said Maria Sosa, 23, before Trump entered the House of Representatives chamber. "He... read more
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans
- 08:33 Trump mad at law enforcement, lawmakers over Iran payment