Houston Republicans cheer President Trump, while immigrant rights activists voice criticism
In Houston, the reaction to President Donald Trump's first State of the Union address Tuesday night definitely was in the eye of the beholder.
Tuesday night's nationally televised speech drew overwhelmingly rave reviews from those attending a Republican headquarters watch party in The Heights, while just seven miles away immigrant rights activists gave it a thumbs down.
"I am not excited with the President's speech because every time we have seen him speak, there hasn't been good news for us," said Maria Sosa, 23, before Trump entered the House of Representatives chamber. "He... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...