Houston signs off on $3.2M stadium deal with rugby team
City Council signed off on a $3.2 million deal Wednesday that paves the way for the SaberCats rugby team to build and operate a 3,500-seat, $5.25 million stadium in south Houston.
The SaberCats would build its new facility, along with two new practice fields, at the Houston Amateur Sports Park, a 120-acre facility along TX-288 where the Houston Dynamo currently practice.
The city retains ownership over the facilities under the agreement, while using up to $3.2 million in capital parks project funding to reimburse the team's investors for the cost of installing a new, 760-space parking lot.... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...