Houston signs off on $3.2M stadium deal with rugby team
City Council signed off on a $3.2 million deal Wednesday that paves the way for the SaberCats rugby team to build and operate a 3,500-seat, $5.25 million stadium in south Houston.
The SaberCats would build its new facility, along with two new practice fields, at the Houston Amateur Sports Park, a 120-acre facility along TX-288 where the Houston Dynamo currently practice.
The city retains ownership over the facilities under the agreement, while using up to $3.2 million in capital parks project funding to reimburse the team's investors for the cost of installing a new, 760-space parking lot.... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died