Houston to resume tree waste and heavy trash collection
Houston crews will resume collecting residents' junk waste and yard waste for the first time since Hurricane Harvey diverted all trash collection efforts other than weekly garbage pickup to removing storm debris.
The regular tree waste schedule will restart March 1, and normal junk waste pickup (furniture, appliances and other bulky items) will resume April 2.
The city retrieves these special types of trash on only one day every other month; to find your service day, enter your address into the search bar on this city website.
Houston officials advise residents to place these types of trash... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...