Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
AUSTIN — James Richards, accused of terrorizing woman drivers during the 1980s as Houston’s so-called Freeway Rapist, is back behind bars after being arrested for masturbating on a MetroRail train, officials said Tuesday.
Richards, 60, who had been living in Houston under close supervision since 2015 in the state’s civil commitment program for sexual predators, was enroute Tuesday to a secure state treatment lockup in West Texas for a new round of intensive sex therapy after he was charged with indecent exposure following his June 28 arrest.
Marsha McLane, executive director of the Texas... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world