Houstonian Will Nguyen returns to Twitter with defiance after arrest, detention in Vietnam
Will Nguyen, the Houston man who was released last week from detainment in Vietnam, returned to Twitter Friday with a defiant statement on the experience.
Nguyen, who is of Vietnamese descent, was beaten by police and detained after participating in a protest in Ho Chi Minh City, where he was on vacation. Days passed before his family knew where he was. It took even longer for him to be charged with the crime of disturbing the public peace.
"Imprisonment without charges, without any kind of release date is an immense form of coercion," he posted to the social media site. "I... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...