How 2 grads managed to tackle student loan debt but still travel
When Zina Kumok paid off her $28,000 of student loan three years after graduation, she took a selfie to celebrate the moment.
Kumok said the debt she racked up normally takes about 10 years to settle. Now the 26-year-old is debt free.
Kumok graduated from Indiana University in 2011 with a journalism degree and a $350-a-month student loan payment. "It was discouraging to see how much is going to interest every month and how long it takes to pay off," she said.
So paying it off became her priority. "My parents were knowledgeable about personal finance and always taught me about... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow