How 2 grads managed to tackle student loan debt but still travel
When Zina Kumok paid off her $28,000 of student loan three years after graduation, she took a selfie to celebrate the moment.
Kumok said the debt she racked up normally takes about 10 years to settle. Now the 26-year-old is debt free.
Kumok graduated from Indiana University in 2011 with a journalism degree and a $350-a-month student loan payment. "It was discouraging to see how much is going to interest every month and how long it takes to pay off," she said.
So paying it off became her priority. "My parents were knowledgeable about personal finance and always taught me about... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it