How Ketel Marte's contract extension with Arizona Diamondbacks came to be
CLOSE Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo and infielder Ketel Marte discuss Marte's deal with Arizona.
You don't see many baseball players under the age of 25 signing lengthy contract extensions. In the age of free agency, locking up talented, young players has become increasingly difficult for MLB teams.
That makes 24-year-old Ketel Marte - whose five-year, $24 million contract extension with the Diamondbacks became official on Tuesday - a departure from the norm.
The deal also includes two option years totaling an additional $22 million. If the option years are exercised, it would make the... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case