How the Dow Jones industrial average did Thursday
Stocks gained on Thursday as investors took advantage of a slump a day earlier to get back into the market at lower prices. The Dow regained half of its loss from Wednesday, when investors sold stocks on concern that U.S. economic growth is slowing.
The Dow rose 55.76 points, or 0.4 percent, at 14,606.11.
The S&P 500 gained 6.29 points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,559.98.
The Nasdaq composite dropped 6.38 points, or 0.2 percent, to 3,224.98.
For the week:
The Dow is up 27.57 points, or 0.2 percent.
The S&P 500 is down 9.21 points, or 0.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 42.54 points, or 1.3... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it