How the Dow Jones industrial average did Thursday
Stocks gained on Thursday as investors took advantage of a slump a day earlier to get back into the market at lower prices. The Dow regained half of its loss from Wednesday, when investors sold stocks on concern that U.S. economic growth is slowing.
The Dow rose 55.76 points, or 0.4 percent, at 14,606.11.
The S&P 500 gained 6.29 points, or 0.4 percent, to 1,559.98.
The Nasdaq composite dropped 6.38 points, or 0.2 percent, to 3,224.98.
For the week:
The Dow is up 27.57 points, or 0.2 percent.
The S&P 500 is down 9.21 points, or 0.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 42.54 points, or 1.3... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow