How to avoid the cost and headaches of probate court
CLOSE Many people want to avoid probate court if they can because they don't want to deal with the frustrations and cost of it. What can you do to avoid it?
Staying out of probate court can save you thousands of dollars, time and frustration.
In Maricopa County, there are about 22,000 probate cases a year, and the caseload has steadily increased in recent years.
The term "probate" refers to the establishment or validity of a will, but probate court in Maricopa County handles guardianship and conservatorship cases as well as formal and informal disputes over wills and adult... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki