How to avoid the cost and headaches of probate court
CLOSE Many people want to avoid probate court if they can because they don't want to deal with the frustrations and cost of it. What can you do to avoid it?
Staying out of probate court can save you thousands of dollars, time and frustration.
In Maricopa County, there are about 22,000 probate cases a year, and the caseload has steadily increased in recent years.
The term "probate" refers to the establishment or validity of a will, but probate court in Maricopa County handles guardianship and conservatorship cases as well as formal and informal disputes over wills and adult... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today