How voice-activated devices listen to you (and how to turn them off)
SAN FRANCISCO — While there are multiple voice-controlled products, only a few are in wide use in the United States.
Here is a quick overview of how they work and their privacy features:
Siri can be set up to only turn on when the user pushes a button, or to also respond to the phrase “Hey, Siri.”
The program taps information from the user’s device, including the user's name, location, the contents of the music library, and names and relationships in Contacts to facilitate answering questions.
Some simple commands, such as “send a text,” are handled on the device itself and not... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it