How voice-activated devices listen to you (and how to turn them off)
SAN FRANCISCO — While there are multiple voice-controlled products, only a few are in wide use in the United States.
Here is a quick overview of how they work and their privacy features:
Siri can be set up to only turn on when the user pushes a button, or to also respond to the phrase “Hey, Siri.”
The program taps information from the user’s device, including the user's name, location, the contents of the music library, and names and relationships in Contacts to facilitate answering questions.
Some simple commands, such as “send a text,” are handled on the device itself and not... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance