Hub stylists split hairs
Rugged or ratty?
The Boston Bruins [team stats] have grown beards as hairy good luck charms during the Stanley Cup playoffs (as have the rival Vancouver Canucks), and the chin furniture has gotten almost as much attention as the action on the ice.
But the buzzed-about fuzz deserves razor-sharp study. After all, not everyone can pull off the look. The Herald panel of Boston hair experts- Sandy Poirier of Shag salon, Karen Belair of Barbershop Lounge and Dean Mellen of Patrice Vinci salon - found only five players sport beards of distinction. Here’s their hair-splitting report card:
Andrew... read more
- 10:10 These Arizona cities got perfect scores for LGBT equality
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls