HUD, Houston come to agreement on city's affordable housing efforts
Mayor Sylvester Turner agreed to set clearer affordable housing policies and plans for Houston and to help more low-income families move to neighborhoods with good schools as part of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that, if left unresolved, could have imperiled the city's Hurricane Harvey recovery funding.
The agreement was signed March 2 but announced Friday afternoon in a statement from HUD.
HUD concluded earlier this year that Turner's August 2016 rejection of a proposal to build subsidized housing near the Galleria was discriminatory and violated... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler