HUD, Houston come to agreement on city's affordable housing efforts
Mayor Sylvester Turner agreed to set clearer affordable housing policies and plans for Houston and to help more low-income families move to neighborhoods with good schools as part of an agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that, if left unresolved, could have imperiled the city's Hurricane Harvey recovery funding.
The agreement was signed March 2 but announced Friday afternoon in a statement from HUD.
HUD concluded earlier this year that Turner's August 2016 rejection of a proposal to build subsidized housing near the Galleria was discriminatory and violated... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law