Hurricane Harvey could produce economic boost for Texas
AUSTIN -- The state is expecting an economic boom from Hurricane Harvey, a key state official told the Texas Senate on Tuesday.
While the state will struggle financially this year as it recovers from one of the worst storms in state history, State Comptroller Glenn Hegar told the Senate Finance Committee that next year there will likely be a financial benefit to the state economy thanks to all of the rebuilding work in the Lone Star State.
"Essentially the first year after it hits you see a net loss in GDP production, but year two, actually it boosts the economy," Hegar told the... read more
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...
- 00:24 Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants