Hurricane Irma victim-turned-homeless-woman at odds with FEMA over housing
CLOSE Carol Mason has had a rough time since Hurricane Irma made her mobile home uninhabitable. She and her cats are homeless and in limbo with FEMA. Video posted Jan. 26, 2018, by Malcolm Denemark, FLORIDA TODAY.
One week ago, retiree Carol Mason and her two cats officially became homeless.
Mason's mobile home in Cocoa suffered a hard hit from Hurricane Irma in September, blowing out the windows and putting holes in the roof. She stayed with friends for a few weeks until she signed up for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's transitional hotel program.
The FEMA payments for... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve