Hurricane Irma victim-turned-homeless-woman at odds with FEMA over housing
CLOSE Carol Mason has had a rough time since Hurricane Irma made her mobile home uninhabitable. She and her cats are homeless and in limbo with FEMA. Video posted Jan. 26, 2018, by Malcolm Denemark, FLORIDA TODAY.
One week ago, retiree Carol Mason and her two cats officially became homeless.
Mason's mobile home in Cocoa suffered a hard hit from Hurricane Irma in September, blowing out the windows and putting holes in the roof. She stayed with friends for a few weeks until she signed up for the Federal Emergency Management Agency's transitional hotel program.
The FEMA payments for... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health