I-10 in western Arizona closed after driver flees from troopers, crashes into truck
CLOSE Go inside the Phoenix Fire Department 911 call center to learn about what's going on when you call 911 in the Phoenix metro area. Hannah Gaber/azcentral.com
Part of Interstate 10 was shut down near Quartzsite on Wednesday after the driver of a vehicle suspected of being linked to a homicide crashed into a truck while fleeing state troopers, the Arizona Department of Public Safety said.
DPS troopers attempted to stop the driver around 2:30 p.m. on I-10 near the California state line, said agency spokesman Bart Graves.
The driver fled and then collided with a commercial truck, Graves... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida