Iconic mural along downtown Phoenix's Roosevelt Row vandalized
CLOSE What is a Silent Witness and how do you become one?
An “iconic” mural on Roosevelt and Fifth streets in Phoenix featuring a profile of a woman looking toward the sky was defaced with gold spray paint Wednesday morning.
The mural was painted on the side of the Flowers building in 2009 by El Mac, a renown street artist, and Augustine Kofie.
The mural is painted on the side of the restaurant Taco Chelo, which is expected to open in a few weeks. The restaurant is located along the Roosevelt Row area at the north end of downtown Phoenix, where numerous murals adorn buildings and walls in... read more
- 13:46 White House celebrates birthday as Barron Trump turns 12
- 13:29 Higley's Marcus Edwards eyes return to sports after two strokes,...
- 13:02 Trump says he wants to meet with Russia's Putin soon
- 13:02 The Latest: Trump team makes overture to high-profile lawyer
- 12:45 NFL mock draft 2018: Arizona Cardinals not only team that needs...
- 12:34 The Latest: Lawyers debate 15-week abortion ban in court
- 11:43 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives poisonous spider bite,...
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...