Iconic Tempe bar Minder Binders' funky collection heads to auction
The wacky, kitschy and sometimes colossal collection of oddities that stuffed Minder Binders, a longtime Tempe and ASU hangout, will hit the auction block on Saturday.
The auction will include more than 500 items, such as a British-style red telephone booth, a 25-foot antique umiak whaling boat, a giant Paul Bunyan head and a movie-prop sculpture of a Roman gladiator.
EJ’s Auction & Consignment in Glendale is selling nostalgia to those who remember the red barn-looking restaurant and bar that opened at the corner of McClintock and University drives at the dawn of the 1970s. The... read more
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 19:10 UT ready to sell 300 acres of Houston land
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...