IIHS: These cars are best at avoiding rear crashes
DETROIT – While the focus has been on preventing frontal crashes, automakers have quietly been making progress on finding ways to prevent or minimize ones from the rear as well, like those that occur in parking lots.
Cross-traffic alert reduces backing crashes by 22%. The combination of rear-view cameras and sensors reduces crashes by 42%, and adding rear automatic emergency braking reduces backing crashes by 78% compared with vehicles with none of these features.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tested six models and found two of them excelled, Cadillac XT5 and Subaru... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas