IIHS: These cars are best at avoiding rear crashes
DETROIT – While the focus has been on preventing frontal crashes, automakers have quietly been making progress on finding ways to prevent or minimize ones from the rear as well, like those that occur in parking lots.
Cross-traffic alert reduces backing crashes by 22%. The combination of rear-view cameras and sensors reduces crashes by 42%, and adding rear automatic emergency braking reduces backing crashes by 78% compared with vehicles with none of these features.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety tested six models and found two of them excelled, Cadillac XT5 and Subaru... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...