Illinois Republicans nominate Oberweis for Senate
CHICAGO -- A state legislator and dairy magnate has defeated a suburban Chicago businessman in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate in Illinois.
State Sen. Jim Oberweis' victory Tuesday over Doug Truax sends him on to a November matchup with Democrat Dick Durbin, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate.
Oberweis is from the western Chicago suburb of Sugar Grove. He was elected to the Illinois Senate in 2012 and had made previous unsuccessful runs for U.S. Senate and governor.
He has been criticized for some political ads, including one before a previous election in which he said the number of... read more
- 12:24 Melania Trump to discuss Africa trip Wednesday in New York
- 11:47 US warns Russia over missile defense for Syria
- 11:34 VIDEO: What you need to know from the first Beto-Cruz debate, in 13...
- 11:02 The Latest: AP source says Rosenstein expecting to be fired
- 11:02 Trump no statehood for Puerto Rico with critics in office
- 11:02 Trump says he hasn't decided whether to fire Rosenstein
- 06:46 Eyeing White House, Cory Booker introduces himself to Iowa
- 01:52 Weighing whether to can Rosenstein, Trump tuned in TV hosts
- 01:52 Some farmers worry Trump's bailout checks won't be enough
- 00:54 Trump, at UN, to again confront North Korea's nuclear threat