Illinois Republicans nominate Oberweis for Senate
CHICAGO -- A state legislator and dairy magnate has defeated a suburban Chicago businessman in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate in Illinois.
State Sen. Jim Oberweis' victory Tuesday over Doug Truax sends him on to a November matchup with Democrat Dick Durbin, the No. 2 Democrat in the Senate.
Oberweis is from the western Chicago suburb of Sugar Grove. He was elected to the Illinois Senate in 2012 and had made previous unsuccessful runs for U.S. Senate and governor.
He has been criticized for some political ads, including one before a previous election in which he said the number of... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...