In Georgia race, Republicans battle as Democrat chases upset
A Georgia special election – what some are calling the opening salvo of the battle for control of the House of Representatives -- has laid bare conservative infighting as it pits establishment Republicans against those aiming to show loyalty to President Donald Trump.
National Republicans, nervous that they could lose a traditionally conservative suburban district in Atlanta where Trump underperformed, see any upset as something that will embolden the Democrats ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
Former Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel was the initial GOP favorite among the 18 total... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...
- 19:30 With eyes on midterms, Trump embraces immigration fight