In Georgia race, Republicans battle as Democrat chases upset
A Georgia special election – what some are calling the opening salvo of the battle for control of the House of Representatives -- has laid bare conservative infighting as it pits establishment Republicans against those aiming to show loyalty to President Donald Trump.
National Republicans, nervous that they could lose a traditionally conservative suburban district in Atlanta where Trump underperformed, see any upset as something that will embolden the Democrats ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.
Former Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel was the initial GOP favorite among the 18 total... read more
- 02:40 Early voting begins as midterms season enters final phase
- 00:49 Trump: Allies concerned about declassifying Russia papers
- 23:50 Trump stumping for Sen. Dean Heller in Las Vegas
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches