In Gulf of Mexico, oil industry regains footing
HOUSTON — Four years after the world watched more than 200 million gallons of oil gush from a damaged well about a mile beneath the surface of the Gulf of Mexico, the offshore drilling industry here is experiencing a rebirth.
There are more active drilling rigs in the Gulf of Mexico now than there were before BP’s Deepwater Horizon spill. Major oil companies like Exxon Mobil, Chevron — even BP — are spending billions of dollars developing deep-water fields that are projected to almost double the flow of oil over the next decade.
“We’re projecting out to 2020, and our clients are saying as... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt