In response to Trump, Democrats argue for middle class
WASHINGTON (AP) — Soaring stock prices under President Donald Trump have boosted investor portfolios and corporate profits but have not eased the economic anxieties of middle-class families, Massachusetts Rep. Joe Kennedy III said Tuesday night in the Democratic response to Trump's first State of the Union address.
In calling on Americans to reject the "chaos" of the Trump era, Kennedy also outlined a Democratic vision that promises a "better deal for all who call this country home."
Democrats support a higher minimum wage, paid leave for employees and affordable child... read more
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died
- 16:45 Phoenix ranks 9th most unaffordable city for renters, according to...
- 16:45 Bills take aim at Arizona's booming drug rehab industry
- 16:45 Police arrest man they say was impaired at time of fatal Scottsdale...
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool