In Roxane Gay's powerful 'Hunger,' a craving for acceptance
Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Bodyby Roxane Gay (Harper) in Memoir Buy Now Buy NowAmazonBarnes & NobleGoogle PlayiBooksIndieboundKoboZolaRoxane Gay's Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body (Harper, 320 pp., ***½ out of 4 stars) is a story about craving, but not for what you think.
This wrenching work, in which Gay peels back the layers to reveal the trauma that led her to, at her heaviest, weigh 577 pounds, is a yearning to be unburdened of secrets. It is an aching to be valued by those who cannot see beyond a body. It is a thirst for a culture that might encourage each of us to feel comfort in... read more
- 14:48 ASU basketball adds 7-foot big man to talented 2018 recruiting class
- 14:24 Fans react to Arizona Diamondbacks game exclusively on Facebook
- 14:01 NFL mock draft: Where will Arizona high school products get picked...
- 13:43 US to end special protections for 9,000 Nepalese immigrants
- 13:33 'Busy' Trump admits he didn't get wife much for her birthday
- 13:31 More kids have autism, better diagnosis may be the reason
- 12:54 White House takes questions at Take Your Kid to Work Day
- 12:00 White House says Trump to visit UK in July
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow