In Sox' blame pie, Theo's just a slice
As we continue to bask in the distant glory of The Trade while simultaneously bemoaning the hopelessness of The Season, the legacy of one man deserves a re-examination. Theo Epstein.
There has been much talk since the Red Sox [team stats] traded $270 million worth of players to the Dodgers two weeks ago that the deal represents a repudiation of Epstein, the team's former general manager.
And while there's no arguing missteps that began with the signing of John Lackey in the winter of 2009, to write off Epstein's entire tenure, and indeed, the contributions he has made to the current team,... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...