In the tough times, Trump goes it alone
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is increasingly going it alone.
The president exercised his preference for flying solo in a big way this week. First he ordered sweeping tariffs opposed by foreign allies and by many in his own party. Then hours later he delivered the stunning news that he'll meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
The president has long considered himself his own best consultant.
He has told confidants recently that he wants to be less reliant on his staff and that he plans to follow his own instincts. That's according to two people who requested anonymity... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...