India offers Myanmar's Suu Kyi help in energy, agriculture
NEW DELHI – India has offered to provide help with energy and agriculture in response to a request from visiting Myanmar leader Aung San Suu Kyi for cooperation in building infrastructure in her country.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with Suu Kyi in New Delhi on Wednesday and also offered help in restoring pagodas damaged by a recent earthquake in Myanmar.
Modi said the two countries have similar security concerns and have agreed to work in close cooperation along their borders.
Suu Kyi also sought the help of India's private sector, saying the people of Myanmar look forward to... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler