Indians' Chief Wahoo logo removal celebrated, but work remains for Native American activist
CLOSE Major League Baseball says the Cleveland Indians will stop using the Chief Wahoo logo on their uniforms starting in the 2019 season.
The Cleveland Indians' decision to remove the Chief Wahoo logo from team uniforms shows some progress in the fight to eliminate offensive mascots, but the details in the Indians' decision show much work remains, according to one prominent activist.
The Indians won't remove the logo from uniforms until after this season.Fans will still have the chance to purchase gear with the Chief Wahoo likeness, even after it's removed from team uniforms.The Indians... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border