IndyStar investigation leads to U.S. House passing sexual abuse legislation
CLOSE Rachael Denhollander, a survivor of sexual abuse by former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar, shares thoughts before delivering her impact statement at Ingham County Circuit Court in Lansing, Mich., on the final day of Nassar's sentencing hearing.
WASHINGTON — The House voted 406-3 Monday to require amateur athletic governing bodies to promptly report incidents of abuse, a response to a sex abuse scandal in USA Gymnastics uncovered by IndyStar.
Backers of the bill hope it will pass the Senate in time to be sent to President Trump for his signature before the Winter Olympics begin... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki