IndyStar investigation leads to U.S. House passing sexual abuse legislation
CLOSE Rachael Denhollander, a survivor of sexual abuse by former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar, shares thoughts before delivering her impact statement at Ingham County Circuit Court in Lansing, Mich., on the final day of Nassar's sentencing hearing.
WASHINGTON — The House voted 406-3 Monday to require amateur athletic governing bodies to promptly report incidents of abuse, a response to a sex abuse scandal in USA Gymnastics uncovered by IndyStar.
Backers of the bill hope it will pass the Senate in time to be sent to President Trump for his signature before the Winter Olympics begin... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals