Influential Ukrainian politician detained in graft probe
MOSCOW – Ukrainian investigators have detained an influential former lawmaker suspected of embezzlement.
The National Anti-Corruption Bureau said late on Thursday that it is preparing to file charges against Mykola Martynenko, former chairman of the parliament's energy and fuel committee, on suspicion of embezzling $17.3 million in arranging purchases of uranium ore concentrate for a state-owned company which provides uranium for the country's nuclear power stations.
Martynenko, a top ally of former prime minister Arseny Yatsenyuk, had served in the Ukrainian parliament since 1998 but... read more
- 11:45 Germany says reviving G-8 with Russia 'not up for debate'
- 11:41 Reports of man with gun near Bostrom High School in Phoenix prompts...
- 11:36 House approves stopgap spending bill to avert shutdown
- 11:36 Trump signs executive order expanding drilling in Arctic, Atlantic...
- 11:32 Reports of man with gun near Phoenix school prompts lockdown
- 11:26 The Latest: Death penalty described as red line for Turkey
- 11:26 Tombstone of famed rabbi damaged in Czech town of Prostejov
- 11:17 Shocking Guatemala video shows car plowing through protesters
- 11:17 Massachusetts teen survives falling 200 feet off cliff in Switzerland
- 11:15 UK jury convicts doctor of performing unnecessary surgeries