Injury-plagued Detroit Red Wings' new fourth line includes ... rookie Landon Ferraro, defenseman Brendan Smith
The Red Wings' gamble up front Tuesday paid off, with two new faces populating the fourth line.
Landon Ferraro made his NHL debut, while defenseman Brendan Smith was recruited to play forward. They helped the Wings beat Toronto, 3-2, at Joe Louis Arena, with Ferraro killing penalties and Smith drawing a penalty.
Ferraro said the best thing about playing his first NHL game at the Joe was the fact it was where his father, Ray Ferraro, closed out his career. This is where my dad played his last game, in the '02 playoffs, when Detroit beat St. Louis out, so that's cool, he said. Ray Ferraro... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike