Injury-plagued Detroit Red Wings' new fourth line includes ... rookie Landon Ferraro, defenseman Brendan Smith
The Red Wings' gamble up front Tuesday paid off, with two new faces populating the fourth line.
Landon Ferraro made his NHL debut, while defenseman Brendan Smith was recruited to play forward. They helped the Wings beat Toronto, 3-2, at Joe Louis Arena, with Ferraro killing penalties and Smith drawing a penalty.
Ferraro said the best thing about playing his first NHL game at the Joe was the fact it was where his father, Ray Ferraro, closed out his career. This is where my dad played his last game, in the '02 playoffs, when Detroit beat St. Louis out, so that's cool, he said. Ray Ferraro... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco