Inmate's death in Florence prison called a suicide
CLOSE Readers can send news tips to azcentral.com via the newspaper's social media channels, email or by calling the office.
An inmate committed suicide on Monday at the Arizona State Prison Complex-Eyman in Florence, according to an Arizona Department of Corrections statement.
Staff members at the facility found Carlos J. Carrillo, 48, unconscious in his jail cell with a bed sheet tied around his neck, the statement said.
The statement said staff members attempted to perform life-saving procedures until the Florence Fire Department and paramedics arrived.
Carrillo was sentenced to life... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida