Inquiry into Newton tragedy ‘very open and active’
Investigators are still working to determine what caused a car to crash through the window of a Newton restaurant, leaving two people dead and seven more injured.
“It’s a very open and active investigation,” Middlesex District Attorney Marian T. Ryan told reporters yesterday from her Woburn office. “Lots of information to put together. It’s a fairly long process of talking to people, downloading data from the car. The important thing here is that we get good answers.”
Greg Morin, 32, of Newton and Eleanor Miele, 52, of Watertown, were killed March 1 when a Volkswagen SUV crossed over... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler