Inside a Cape Coral shelter during Hurricane Irma: Monkeys, iguanas and 3,000 paper fans
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Customers wait in line for a Publix grocery store at SR 82 and Lee Blvd in Lehigh Acres to open on Tuesday Sept. 12. It was scheduled to open at 8 a.m.
NOTE TO READERS: We received this letter this morning from an algebra teacher at Island Coast High School on Cape Coral. Island Coast was used as a shelter for Hurricane Irma, which hit Southwest Florida on Sunday. She wrote this letter on Sept. 11, describing what life was like, in her own words, inside the shelter.
Dear Fort Myers News-Press :
Good evening. I am writing to you from inside Island Coast High... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...