Inside a Cape Coral shelter during Hurricane Irma: Monkeys, iguanas and 3,000 paper fans
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Customers wait in line for a Publix grocery store at SR 82 and Lee Blvd in Lehigh Acres to open on Tuesday Sept. 12. It was scheduled to open at 8 a.m.
NOTE TO READERS: We received this letter this morning from an algebra teacher at Island Coast High School on Cape Coral. Island Coast was used as a shelter for Hurricane Irma, which hit Southwest Florida on Sunday. She wrote this letter on Sept. 11, describing what life was like, in her own words, inside the shelter.
Dear Fort Myers News-Press :
Good evening. I am writing to you from inside Island Coast High... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103
- 16:18 Twistars' Geddert says in email to families he plans to retire