Inside a Cape Coral shelter during Hurricane Irma: Monkeys, iguanas and 3,000 paper fans
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Customers wait in line for a Publix grocery store at SR 82 and Lee Blvd in Lehigh Acres to open on Tuesday Sept. 12. It was scheduled to open at 8 a.m.
NOTE TO READERS: We received this letter this morning from an algebra teacher at Island Coast High School on Cape Coral. Island Coast was used as a shelter for Hurricane Irma, which hit Southwest Florida on Sunday. She wrote this letter on Sept. 11, describing what life was like, in her own words, inside the shelter.
Dear Fort Myers News-Press :
Good evening. I am writing to you from inside Island Coast High... read more
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care
- 21:03 Texas is an abortion desert, with or without Trump's 'gag rule'
- 19:04 Trump steering clear of messy House immigration fight
- 17:55 Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- 17:55 Lupe Valdez makes payments on overdue taxes
- 17:40 Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- 17:20 Trump makes it easier to fire federal workers for misconduct