Inside a Cape Coral shelter during Hurricane Irma: Monkeys, iguanas and 3,000 paper fans
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Customers wait in line for a Publix grocery store at SR 82 and Lee Blvd in Lehigh Acres to open on Tuesday Sept. 12. It was scheduled to open at 8 a.m.
NOTE TO READERS: We received this letter this morning from an algebra teacher at Island Coast High School on Cape Coral. Island Coast was used as a shelter for Hurricane Irma, which hit Southwest Florida on Sunday. She wrote this letter on Sept. 11, describing what life was like, in her own words, inside the shelter.
Dear Fort Myers News-Press :
Good evening. I am writing to you from inside Island Coast High... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree