Intel to unveil huge solar array in Chandler
Intel Corp. in Chandler will unveil a solar array this week large enough to power about 2,000 homes at once, when the sun is shining on the panels.
The tech company installed the panels at its Ocotillo Campus, at 4500 S. Dobson Road. The panels have a capacity of 7.7 megawatts in direct sunlight. One megawatt is about enough power to supply 250 homes at once.
The solar panels cover more than 3,000 parking spaces.
The installation is the largest by any customer of Salt River Project and second only to an 18 megawatt capacity installation at Freeport-McMoRan's Bagdad mine in Arizona Public... read more
- 20:39 More than a meal: Corner in downtown Phoenix turns into place of...
- 19:28 Barton to go mum over disclosed photo, citing probe
- 19:28 Republican push tax plan hard, but voters seem uninterested
- 19:28 AP source: Flynn lawyers make a break with Trump team
- 18:34 Detroit Lions look like fried turkeys against Minnesota Vikings
- 18:34 Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and...
- 18:34 University of Louisville is considering doing away with the...
- 17:43 Thanksgiving Day temperature climbs to 87 degrees, tying all-time...
- 17:14 Coyotes will be without goalie Antti Raanta for at least the next...
- 16:27 Civilian Phoenix police assistants to start handling some patrol calls