Intel to unveil huge solar array in Chandler
Intel Corp. in Chandler will unveil a solar array this week large enough to power about 2,000 homes at once, when the sun is shining on the panels.
The tech company installed the panels at its Ocotillo Campus, at 4500 S. Dobson Road. The panels have a capacity of 7.7 megawatts in direct sunlight. One megawatt is about enough power to supply 250 homes at once.
The solar panels cover more than 3,000 parking spaces.
The installation is the largest by any customer of Salt River Project and second only to an 18 megawatt capacity installation at Freeport-McMoRan's Bagdad mine in Arizona Public... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager