Intel to unveil huge solar array in Chandler
Intel Corp. in Chandler will unveil a solar array this week large enough to power about 2,000 homes at once, when the sun is shining on the panels.
The tech company installed the panels at its Ocotillo Campus, at 4500 S. Dobson Road. The panels have a capacity of 7.7 megawatts in direct sunlight. One megawatt is about enough power to supply 250 homes at once.
The solar panels cover more than 3,000 parking spaces.
The installation is the largest by any customer of Salt River Project and second only to an 18 megawatt capacity installation at Freeport-McMoRan's Bagdad mine in Arizona Public... read more
- 03:16 AP source: Kushner sought secret communications with Russia
- 03:16 Back home after foreign trip, Trump faces slew of challenges
- 01:29 Tony Stewart lets loose at Little 500, from a banana to a chugged...
- 00:58 Tony Stewart lets loose at Little 500, from a banana to a chugged...
- 00:49 Baylor tops Arizona softball to force Game 3 in NCAA Super Regional
- 22:23 Phoenix mural highlights history, achievements of Latinos in Arizona
- 21:05 Tucson police officers fatally shoot man in cemetery
- 20:31 Track modifications hope to put competitive spin on Coca-Cola 600
- 20:08 How the Predators built their roster for Stanley Cup success
- 18:22 azcentral.com Sports Awards Boys Tennis Player, Boys Tennis Coach...