Intel to unveil huge solar array in Chandler
Intel Corp. in Chandler will unveil a solar array this week large enough to power about 2,000 homes at once, when the sun is shining on the panels.
The tech company installed the panels at its Ocotillo Campus, at 4500 S. Dobson Road. The panels have a capacity of 7.7 megawatts in direct sunlight. One megawatt is about enough power to supply 250 homes at once.
The solar panels cover more than 3,000 parking spaces.
The installation is the largest by any customer of Salt River Project and second only to an 18 megawatt capacity installation at Freeport-McMoRan's Bagdad mine in Arizona Public... read more
- 18:02 Arizona Wildcats release mens basketball schedule for 2017-18
- 17:58 John Kelly photographed with his head in hands during Trump speech,...
- 17:45 Brophy Prep's Jaxson Baker commits to Central Arkansas for basketball
- 17:18 Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
- 17:12 Moore: Don't look now, but Arizona Diamondbacks could be on another...
- 16:58 Winners and losers in GOP's last-ditch health overhaul
- 16:43 Fatal stabbing closes Thomas Road east of I-17 in Phoenix
- 15:54 Appeals court blocks San Francisco warning law for soda ads
- 15:00 FDA OKs Glaxo's inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines
- 14:45 Ahwatukee icon moves as church makes way for South Mountain Freeway