Intel to unveil huge solar array in Chandler
Intel Corp. in Chandler will unveil a solar array this week large enough to power about 2,000 homes at once, when the sun is shining on the panels.
The tech company installed the panels at its Ocotillo Campus, at 4500 S. Dobson Road. The panels have a capacity of 7.7 megawatts in direct sunlight. One megawatt is about enough power to supply 250 homes at once.
The solar panels cover more than 3,000 parking spaces.
The installation is the largest by any customer of Salt River Project and second only to an 18 megawatt capacity installation at Freeport-McMoRan's Bagdad mine in Arizona Public... read more
- 00:43 Mnuchin expresses optimism trade standoffs can be resolved
- 00:22 Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- 00:08 Trash talk rules the day ahead of Larry Fitzgerald Celebrity...
- 22:00 'Family' and sense of 'brotherhood' has Diamondbacks picking up...
- 21:38 Moore: What happens when Larry Fitzgerald takes on a bozo sports...
- 20:07 Intriguing Arizona high school spring football story lines
- 18:07 The senators Trump will watch as the Pompeo confirmation fight unfolds
- 18:06 RHP Matt Koch earns another start in Diamondbacks rotation
- 17:27 Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Steve Wilks forming a...
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US