Intelligence agencies expect Russia to target midterms
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration predicts Russia will meddle in U.S. elections this year as it pursues bolder cyber operations and false information campaigns against America and its allies, U.S. intelligence agencies said Tuesday.
In this year's global threats assessment, they also described the risk of conflict, especially with North Korea, as higher today than at any time since the end of the Cold War. So, too, is a rivalry between Iran and Saudi Arabia that is destabilizing the Middle East. The danger posed by weapons of mass destruction also is rising.
Trending Politics Video... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House