Intelligence agencies expect Russia to target midterms
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration predicts Russia will meddle in U.S. elections this year as it pursues bolder cyber operations and false information campaigns against America and its allies, U.S. intelligence agencies said Tuesday.
In this year's global threats assessment, they also described the risk of conflict, especially with North Korea, as higher today than at any time since the end of the Cold War. So, too, is a rivalry between Iran and Saudi Arabia that is destabilizing the Middle East. The danger posed by weapons of mass destruction also is rising.
Trending Politics Video... read more
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...