Interim security clearances are routine, but are they risky?
WASHINGTON (AP) — Rob Porter, who resigned from his White House job following allegations that he abused his two ex-wives, held an interim security clearance while working as President Donald Trump's staff secretary.
Interim clearances are routinely issued — some because of a massive government backlog of hundreds of thousands of security clearance reviews. But in Porter's case, the White House said he was holding an interim clearance because his background check had not yet been completed.
It's unclear how many other White House employees are working under interim clearances. That's... read more
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans