Interim security clearances are routine, but are they risky?
WASHINGTON (AP) — Rob Porter, who resigned from his White House job following allegations that he abused his two ex-wives, held an interim security clearance while working as President Donald Trump's staff secretary.
Interim clearances are routinely issued — some because of a massive government backlog of hundreds of thousands of security clearance reviews. But in Porter's case, the White House said he was holding an interim clearance because his background check had not yet been completed.
It's unclear how many other White House employees are working under interim clearances. That's... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...