Interstate 17 in Phoenix stalled for 2 small dogs loose on freeway
Traffic on Interstate 17 was backed up for miles approaching the lunch hour for two small dogs that were loose on the freeway in Phoenix.
State troopers, firefighters and other motorists spent more than 20 minutes trying to wrangle the dogs Wednesday, closing northbound I-17 near Pinnacle Peak.
It appeared at least one of the dogs had been nabbed.
The other dog, as of 11:55 a.m., appeared to be running northbound in the HOV lane, according to police scanner traffic.
Return to azcentral.com for updates.
Share your feedback to help improve our site experience! read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:50 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila not sweating spring results