Investors sink teeth into 9 'tasty' stocks
Canned soup, processed meat and cereal may not be high-tech or trendy. But investors are eating them up.
Food stocks have turned into surprise hits with investors this year, even as the rest of the market struggles. Nine food, beverage, tobacco and restaurant stocks in the Standard & Poor's 1500 index, including meat processor Tyson (TSN), Domino's Pizza (DPZ) and Campbell Soup (CPB), have soared 15% or more this year, according to a USA TODAY analysis of data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. That's an impressive showing compared with the 1.8% decline by the entire S&P... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:56 Chandler Rotary track meet to showcase record 3,800 athletes