Iraq officials: 26 hostages, including Qatari royals, freed
BAGHDAD – Two Iraqi officials say that 26 hostages, including members of Qatar's ruling family, have been released after 16 months in captivity in Iraq.
The two — a government and a security official — told The Associated Press that the hostages were released on Friday into the custody of the Iraqi Interior Ministry. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk to the media.
The group was kidnapped in December 2015 from a desert camp for falcon hunters in southern.
Iraqi officials say the abduction sparked more than a year of negotiations between... read more
- 00:43 Mnuchin expresses optimism trade standoffs can be resolved
- 00:22 Birthday boy Zack Godley picks Diamondbacks up to lead win over Padres
- 00:08 Trash talk rules the day ahead of Larry Fitzgerald Celebrity...
- 22:00 'Family' and sense of 'brotherhood' has Diamondbacks picking up...
- 21:38 Moore: What happens when Larry Fitzgerald takes on a bozo sports...
- 20:07 Intriguing Arizona high school spring football story lines
- 18:07 The senators Trump will watch as the Pompeo confirmation fight unfolds
- 18:06 RHP Matt Koch earns another start in Diamondbacks rotation
- 17:27 Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim and coach Steve Wilks forming a...
- 16:54 Iranian foreign minister wants "respect" from US