Is citizenship for Dreamers amnesty? Ted Cruz: Yes; John Cornyn: No.
WASHINGTON – Would granting a path to citizenship for 1.8 million young immigrants brought here illegally as children be amnesty?
Texas' two Republican U.S. senators, John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, provide two very different answers to that question, which is one of the four "pillars" of President Donald Trump's immigration plan.
Cruz, the lone dissenting senator in Monday's 97-1 vote to begin debate on a GOP proposal that includes Trump's plan, argues that it would be a mistake to grant citizenship to "anybody here illegally."
To Cruz and many other hardliners on... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case