Is the MS-13 gang a problem in Arizona?
CLOSE President Trump railed against MS-13 in his 2018 State of the Union address, but what is MS-13?
Is the violent street gang Mara Salvatrucha, also known as MS-13, a problem in Arizona?
Yes and no.
President Donald Trump made numerous references in his first State of the Union speech to MS-13, a Los Angeles-based gang founded by Salvadoran immigrants in the 1980s.
SEE ALSO: State of the Union fact check: Claims on MS-13 crackdown overstate the anti-gang effort
The gang, which operates internationally and is known for extreme violence, has an estimated 10,000 members in the United... read more
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest