Is the MS-13 gang a problem in Arizona?
CLOSE President Trump railed against MS-13 in his 2018 State of the Union address, but what is MS-13?
Is the violent street gang Mara Salvatrucha, also known as MS-13, a problem in Arizona?
Yes and no.
President Donald Trump made numerous references in his first State of the Union speech to MS-13, a Los Angeles-based gang founded by Salvadoran immigrants in the 1980s.
SEE ALSO: State of the Union fact check: Claims on MS-13 crackdown overstate the anti-gang effort
The gang, which operates internationally and is known for extreme violence, has an estimated 10,000 members in the United... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...