ISIS deserters could pose threat to Europe
Foreign ISIS fighters fleeing Iraq amid the intensifying battle for Mosul pose a terrorism threat and a security challenge to Europe, a top European Union official and security experts warn.
EU security Commissioner Julian King said yesterday the “recapture of the northern Iraqi ISIL-stronghold Mosul can prompt violent ISIL fighters to return to Europe,” pegging the number of Europeans fighting for the terror group at 2,500, according to the German newspaper Die Welt.
“Even a small number represents a serious threat, and we must be prepared for this,” King told the newspaper.
Boston... read more
- 13:46 White House celebrates birthday as Barron Trump turns 12
- 13:29 Higley's Marcus Edwards eyes return to sports after two strokes,...
- 13:02 Trump says he wants to meet with Russia's Putin soon
- 13:02 The Latest: Trump team makes overture to high-profile lawyer
- 12:45 NFL mock draft 2018: Arizona Cardinals not only team that needs...
- 12:34 The Latest: Lawyers debate 15-week abortion ban in court
- 11:43 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives poisonous spider bite,...
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...