ISIS deserters could pose threat to Europe
Foreign ISIS fighters fleeing Iraq amid the intensifying battle for Mosul pose a terrorism threat and a security challenge to Europe, a top European Union official and security experts warn.
EU security Commissioner Julian King said yesterday the “recapture of the northern Iraqi ISIL-stronghold Mosul can prompt violent ISIL fighters to return to Europe,” pegging the number of Europeans fighting for the terror group at 2,500, according to the German newspaper Die Welt.
“Even a small number represents a serious threat, and we must be prepared for this,” King told the newspaper.
Boston... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law