ISIS deserters could pose threat to Europe
Foreign ISIS fighters fleeing Iraq amid the intensifying battle for Mosul pose a terrorism threat and a security challenge to Europe, a top European Union official and security experts warn.
EU security Commissioner Julian King said yesterday the “recapture of the northern Iraqi ISIL-stronghold Mosul can prompt violent ISIL fighters to return to Europe,” pegging the number of Europeans fighting for the terror group at 2,500, according to the German newspaper Die Welt.
“Even a small number represents a serious threat, and we must be prepared for this,” King told the newspaper.
Boston... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...