ISIS preparing for protracted fight in Mosul, US officials say
ISIS is preparing for a protracted fight in Mosul, with many of its foreign fighters remaining in the Iraqi city, U.S. officials told Fox News on Tuesday.
Officials believe that it will take weeks for Iraqi forces to enter Mosul, with concern that the foreign fighters in the city are more ideologically zealous then fighters elsewhere in Iraq.
The cities of Mosul in Iraq and Raqqa in Syria are important to ISIS, and there is a higher portion of capable fighters there, U.S. officials told Fox News.
So far in the first 48 hours of the military operation, Iraqi forces have seen less... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates