Islanders power-play lifts them past Penguins for fourth straight victory
The NHL's Eastern Conference playoff picture is far from settled with a month left in the regular season, but the Islanders are surging at the right time to strengthen their hold on a playoff spot and make a run at home-ice advantage in the first round.
Two goals from their top power-play unit propelled the Isles to a 2-1 win over the Penguins Tuesday night at Barclays Center.
The Islanders (37-20-7, 81 points) have won four straight games and are 11-2-1 in their last 14. They pulled to five points ahead of Pittsburgh (34-24-8) in the Metropolitan Division with two games in hand and kept... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...