Islanders power-play lifts them past Penguins for fourth straight victory
The NHL's Eastern Conference playoff picture is far from settled with a month left in the regular season, but the Islanders are surging at the right time to strengthen their hold on a playoff spot and make a run at home-ice advantage in the first round.
Two goals from their top power-play unit propelled the Isles to a 2-1 win over the Penguins Tuesday night at Barclays Center.
The Islanders (37-20-7, 81 points) have won four straight games and are 11-2-1 in their last 14. They pulled to five points ahead of Pittsburgh (34-24-8) in the Metropolitan Division with two games in hand and kept... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...