Isolated severe storms possible in Alabama next two days
Rain and storms are in the forecast for this weekend, and a few of them could be on the strong side.
NOAA's Storm Prediction Center has placed north Alabama under a marginal risk of severe storms today, and moe of Alabama falls under a marginal risk for Saturday.
A marginal risk means isolated severe storms will be possible.
Forecasters are not expecting this to be a tornado event -- instead the main risks with the strongest storms will be wind gusts up to 60 mph hail up to 1 inch in diameter, according to the National Weather Service.
Scattered to numerous storms will be possible later... read more
- 19:25 GCU baseball drops season opener to TCU
- 18:42 Arizona high school football: Spencer Rattler, Jack Miller No. 1...
- 18:39 Biden, in public and private, tiptoes toward a 2020 run
- 18:39 Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'
- 18:39 Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting
- 18:39 FBI pressure increases with failure to avert school shooting
- 18:39 How to disrupt an election: Fake IDs, fraud and Facebook
- 18:39 Mueller charges Russians with meddling in 2016 race
- 17:47 Overwatch Championship: Four teams compete for scholarships at ASU...
- 17:30 Step by step: How the Parkland school shooting unfolded