Isolated severe storms possible in Alabama next two days
Rain and storms are in the forecast for this weekend, and a few of them could be on the strong side.
NOAA's Storm Prediction Center has placed north Alabama under a marginal risk of severe storms today, and moe of Alabama falls under a marginal risk for Saturday.
A marginal risk means isolated severe storms will be possible.
Forecasters are not expecting this to be a tornado event -- instead the main risks with the strongest storms will be wind gusts up to 60 mph hail up to 1 inch in diameter, according to the National Weather Service.
Scattered to numerous storms will be possible later... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator