Isolated severe storms possible in Alabama next two days
Rain and storms are in the forecast for this weekend, and a few of them could be on the strong side.
NOAA's Storm Prediction Center has placed north Alabama under a marginal risk of severe storms today, and moe of Alabama falls under a marginal risk for Saturday.
A marginal risk means isolated severe storms will be possible.
Forecasters are not expecting this to be a tornado event -- instead the main risks with the strongest storms will be wind gusts up to 60 mph hail up to 1 inch in diameter, according to the National Weather Service.
Scattered to numerous storms will be possible later... read more
- 21:44 Why Colts QB Andrew Luck is relieved about the condition of his...
- 21:10 U.S. says North Korea canceled planned meeting with VP Pence
- 18:58 Source: Diamondbacks acquire Steven Souza in three-team trade;...
- 18:43 With new elections near, US strains to curb Russia meddling
- 18:40 As number of Phoenix murders rise, solving rates drop
- 18:23 Kulkarni's teen drug arrest puts Fort Bend and Texas Democrats on edge
- 18:01 Scottsdale gold mine can be yours for $2.79 million
- 17:46 Animal Care and Control Department rescue stray puppies stuck...
- 17:42 Houston GOP campaign for Congress takes negative turn
- 16:36 Maricopa Community Colleges faculty in uproar over possible changes...