Israel reopens Egypt crossing after security assessment
JERUSALEM – Israel has reopened its border crossing to Egypt's Sinai Peninsula shut over a week ago over intelligence warnings of possible attacks.
Israel's counterterrorism office said on Friday the Taba crossing is reopened but warned that the threat to Israelis in Sinai remains "severe, concrete and immediate."
It recommended against visiting Sinai now and advised those already there to "leave immediately."
Israel shut the border a day after militants in Egypt bombed two churches earlier this month, killing dozens of Christian worshippers during Palm Sunday... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator