Israel reopens Egypt crossing after security assessment
JERUSALEM – Israel has reopened its border crossing to Egypt's Sinai Peninsula shut over a week ago over intelligence warnings of possible attacks.
Israel's counterterrorism office said on Friday the Taba crossing is reopened but warned that the threat to Israelis in Sinai remains "severe, concrete and immediate."
It recommended against visiting Sinai now and advised those already there to "leave immediately."
Israel shut the border a day after militants in Egypt bombed two churches earlier this month, killing dozens of Christian worshippers during Palm Sunday... read more
- 10:50 NFL power rankings: Getting in the Christmas spirit entering Week 15
- 10:35 Tom Brady: 'I've pretty much moved past' ugly loss to Dolphins
- 10:34 A Georgia mother battles opioids to win back her kids
- 10:34 Opioid crisis strains foster system as kids pried from homes
- 10:31 Herm Edwards' contract: 5 things to know about ASU head football...
- 10:24 4 of Arizona's tax credits could help you save thousands of dollars
- 10:24 Gilbert charter school fires teacher accused of sexual misconduct...
- 10:02 Former Arizona high school basketball players on college basketball...
- 09:57 Tom Brady: Patriots focused on putting ugly loss behind them fast
- 09:14 CEO Mary Barra: GM committed to 'harassment-free' workplace