Israel reopens Egypt crossing after security assessment
JERUSALEM – Israel has reopened its border crossing to Egypt's Sinai Peninsula shut over a week ago over intelligence warnings of possible attacks.
Israel's counterterrorism office said on Friday the Taba crossing is reopened but warned that the threat to Israelis in Sinai remains "severe, concrete and immediate."
It recommended against visiting Sinai now and advised those already there to "leave immediately."
Israel shut the border a day after militants in Egypt bombed two churches earlier this month, killing dozens of Christian worshippers during Palm Sunday... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston