Israel reopens Egypt crossing after security assessment
JERUSALEM – Israel has reopened its border crossing to Egypt's Sinai Peninsula shut over a week ago over intelligence warnings of possible attacks.
Israel's counterterrorism office said on Friday the Taba crossing is reopened but warned that the threat to Israelis in Sinai remains "severe, concrete and immediate."
It recommended against visiting Sinai now and advised those already there to "leave immediately."
Israel shut the border a day after militants in Egypt bombed two churches earlier this month, killing dozens of Christian worshippers during Palm Sunday... read more
- 11:45 Germany says reviving G-8 with Russia 'not up for debate'
- 11:41 Reports of man with gun near Bostrom High School in Phoenix prompts...
- 11:36 House approves stopgap spending bill to avert shutdown
- 11:36 Trump signs executive order expanding drilling in Arctic, Atlantic...
- 11:32 Reports of man with gun near Phoenix school prompts lockdown
- 11:30 'World's heaviest woman' drops 713 pounds – or has she?
- 11:26 The Latest: Death penalty described as red line for Turkey
- 11:26 Tombstone of famed rabbi damaged in Czech town of Prostejov
- 11:17 Shocking Guatemala video shows car plowing through protesters
- 11:17 Massachusetts teen survives falling 200 feet off cliff in Switzerland