It's time for Alaskans to take charge of our own destiny
Earlier this week, Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott and I enlisted the help of seventh-grader Shania Sommer from Palmer to announce the amount of this year’s Permanent Fund check. We wanted one of our promising youth to be the face of the dividend to highlight the importance of ensuring a bright future for the next generations of Alaskans.
It is with those young Alaskans in mind that I write this.
When Alaska became a state, Congress mandated that the new state could not sell its resources in the ground. Whereas other states have the right to transfer land so private citizens can own and develop... read more
- 13:12 Florence baseball coach J.T. Neal hospitalized after being struck...
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida