'It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child': Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation works to create strong families
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Specialty license plates that help fund child abuse prevention programs across Arizona have been available for purchase since 1999.
This summer, 16 Arizona nonprofits shared $425,000 in grants from the "It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child" specialty license plate program.
The license plate program was started in 1999 as a joint effort between The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, the Governor's Office of Youth, Faith and Family and the Arizona Community Foundation. Since then, more than $9 million has been distributed to agencies working to prevent child... read more
- 18:32 US pulled multiple ways in Syria as Islamic State recedes
- 18:24 Unlicensed Arizona contractor going to prison for remodeling scam
- 18:04 Turner press aide who conducted personal business on city time...
- 18:00 Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks lauded as 'great leader' by...
- 18:00 Scottsdale Christian continues string of Phoenix-area high school...
- 17:43 Homeless Arizona man stored human head in campsite bucket,...
- 17:39 Cave Creek Cactus Shadows soccer team rallies around coach's...
- 17:16 Police confident of murder conviction despite failure to locate...
- 17:12 Libertarian Nicholas Sarwark running for Phoenix mayor
- 16:51 Chilean 'anti-poet' Nicanor Parra dies at 103