'It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child': Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation works to create strong families
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Specialty license plates that help fund child abuse prevention programs across Arizona have been available for purchase since 1999.
This summer, 16 Arizona nonprofits shared $425,000 in grants from the "It Shouldn't Hurt to be a Child" specialty license plate program.
The license plate program was started in 1999 as a joint effort between The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, the Governor's Office of Youth, Faith and Family and the Arizona Community Foundation. Since then, more than $9 million has been distributed to agencies working to prevent child... read more
- 16:20 White House names Erin Nealy Cox as top federal prosecutor in Dallas
- 16:17 It's huntin' season for Cardinals linebacker Markus Golden and...
- 15:46 NL wild card race: Will Diamondbacks face Rockies, Brewers or...
- 15:27 State report: Arizona's Medicaid program would lose $10.4 billion...
- 15:06 Dr. William Butler, former president, historian of Baylor College...
- 15:04 Ezekiel Elliott drama surrounds Cowboys entering Monday Night...
- 14:51 ASU football vs. Oregon Ducks: Scouting report and prediction
- 13:46 Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- 13:31 Harris County could see budget cuts due to Hurricane Harvey's...
- 13:20 Rutgers football avoids major penalties, as NCAA issues ruling on...